SUPPORT for the purchase of a cargo bike or trailer
Since 2017, France has encouraged the purchase of electric cargo bikes by offering a subsidy called bike bonus.
The Cycling Bonus concerns both cargo bikes that electric trailers électriques and it is open to legal entities.
State support for the purchase of a cargo bike
There are 3 types of State assistances available to encourage the replacement of an internal combustion engine vehicle with a more environmentally-friendly vehicle.
Companies can take advantage of these grants to adopt more environmentally-friendly means of transport and logistics solutions for their business activities, such as electric cargo bikes.
These three forms of assistance can be combined to receive a total of up to €3,500!
1. Ecological bonus
The ecological bonus is a financial scheme designed to encourage companies to acquire low-polluting vehicles. It consists of aid granted to anyone who buys or leases un véhicule terrestre équipé d’un moteur respectueux de l’environnement.
The amount of aid varies depending on the type of engine and the price of the vehicle, but can reach €1000 for companies
- cycles or pedal-assist cycles, or electric cycle trailers. France
- The vehicle must fall into one of the following categories: passenger cars, vans, M2 or N2 vehicles with weight exemptions, two- or three-wheeled motor vehicles, motorised quadricycles, cycles ou cycles à pédalage assisté, ou remorque électrique pour cycle
- The vehicle must be new and registered in France in a definitive series, and must be purchased or leased for a minimum period of two years.
- The vehicle must be powered exclusively by electricity, hydrogen or a combination of the two.
Important applications must be made within 6 months of invoicing.
2. Conversion premium
This allowance can be up to 1 500 € for the purchase of a new electric cargo bike.
Les conditions d’éligibilité :
- A passenger car or van (Crit'Air 3, 4 or 5 vehicle) must have been out of service for more than a year.
- The vehicle must be registered :
- before 2006 for petrol
- before 2011 for diesel
- in same name as the electric bike
- Have purchased or leased (for at least two years) a new electric bicycle new
- The electric bike must not have lead-acid battery and must be labelled.
To obtain the conversion allowance, simply fill in an application form on the primealaconversion.fr website, primealaconversion.fronce you have purchased or leased an eligible vehicle.
The application must then be sent by post. The full list of documents required can be found on the government website. le site du gouvernement.
3. ZFE surcharge
To Date in France, 11 cities in France have introduced a low-emission mobility zone (ZFE-m):Greater Paris, Lyon, Aix-Marseille, Toulouse, Nice, Montpellier, Strasbourg, Grenoble, Rouen, Reims and Saint-Etienne.
People who live or work in one of these zones can obtain an additional ZFE bonus 1 000 € for the purchase of an electric cargo bike.
The 2023 electric bike allowance can be combined with the ecological bonus or the conversion allowance, which can also be combined.
Local authority grants
Each local authority and ZFE offers specific subsidies to encourage professionals to opt for an electric cargo bike.
Don't hesitate to call your local authority to find out more, and visit the Mesaidesvélo website to find out about the subsidies available for your postcode. Remember to distinguish between aid for individuals and assistances for businesses.
Vous trouverez ci-dessous une liste non exhaustive des villes qui proposent des aides à l’achat d’un triporteur électrique: